Current undergrad pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with prior industry experience in both tech and live events seeking opportunity to apply the blend of these skill sets to solve real world problems in the event industry at CVent.
Smartish, Austin — Process Automation
June 2020 - Current
- Created a blend of selenium web-scraping, API development, and VBA scripts to automate and centralize sales reporting
- Built an automatic system to handle custom printing from fetching order information to automating Adobe Illustrator and printing labels.
- Analyzed Customer data to create a self-updating heat map of where customers live to focus marketing goals.
- Maintained basic company IT infrastructure.
Austin Community College, Austin — CIS Tutor
March 2019 - May 2020
- Designed, created, and maintained online tutoring portal to continue tutoring services through the novel coronavirus pandemic.
SecondBrain, Austin — DevOps / Lead Developer
December 2016 - May 2018
Techstars Music Alumni 2018. Technical lead responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the backend system for deep learning NLP systems.
- Improved and expanded AWS deployment to ensure reliability and availability of services. Created and deployed custom AMIs to speed up deep learning training prior to the launch of AWS Sagemaker service.
- Managed uninterrupted services through rapid development by utilizing Rancher to deploy dockerized microservices. Oversaw the design and dockerization of company assets.
- Deployed and maintained private Gitlab server for company use. Responsible for enforcing git practices and coordination between frontend and backend developers.
Switched On, Austin — Web Design / Sales Manager
August 2015 - December 2017
Floor manager responsible for smooth operation of the sales floor and coordination between sales and repair staff.
- Troubleshoot and identify technical problems in professional electronic musical equipment. Perform low-level electronic repairs to speed up turn around time on repairs.
- Built community and customer relations by giving in depth workshops and individual tutorials on highly specialized music equipment.
Altared Weddings and Events, Austin — DJ / MC
September 2016 - October 2018
Live DJ for private corporate events and weddings. Personally responsible for event success and on site management of client relationships.
Freelance Audio Engineer, Austin
2004 - 2014
Studio and live sound reinforcement, Stage management, Logistical planning for a variety of events and spaces.
Summary of Technical Skills
Software Engineering: Agile Development, Docker, Git, Microservices, Unix, Make, CMake, Linux GCC, Arm, AWS Deployment, Jupyter, Teensy/Arduino, Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Vega Visualization
University of Texas, Austin - Computer Science
August 2020 - May 2023
Computer Science student pursuing Bachelor Degree. Completed Course work: Data Structures, Computer Organization and Architecture. Current UT GPA: 3.21.
Austin Community College, Austin — AAS Computer Science
June 2018 - May 2020
Honors Student. Instruction in Python, C++, Data Structures, System Architecture, Academic Fresh Start Initiative STEM GPA: 3.88, Overall FSI GPA: 3.81
Austin Community College, Austin — AAS Commercial Music Management
January 2010 - December 2012
Music Business with emphasis on technical ability in live and studio applications, acoustics, business management, technical writing.